It all started with a phone call from my cousin, Spence. "GREG, I can't decide if I should make spaghetti OR tacos for Carly and her friends. What should I do?"
Maybe it was because I was in Florida and he was in Seattle and the time was so late due to the time zone difference, but I said, "Make them both!"
And then I gave him a recipe for the BEST Spaghetti Tacos...EVER!
box of angel hair pasta
Box of taco shells
1lb ground beef OR pork (for Sam) OR veggie crumbles.
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 jar/can of your favorite spaghetti sauce
hot sauce (I like the green/jalepeno kind)
2 tablespoons cilantro (a green herb found in the produce aisle)
1. Cook the pasta and shells according to directions on the box.
2. Cook the meat OR veggies crumbles in a pan on the stove on medium heat until done. If it's meat, drain the nasty fat and return to the burner.
3. Add 1/2 the packet of taco seasoning and stir.
4. Then add the speghetti sauce SLOWLY until the meat or meat-like product is thick and sticky. No need to add all the sauce. Save it to make more tacos at a later date.
5. Once the pasta is done and drained, add hot sauce to it (as little or as much as you want) and toss it with the cilantro.
6. Place the meat mixture in the taco shell, then add the spicy pasta. Top with a few jalepenos and you're done!
(more recipes and pics coming soon. maybe even video)